Kathmandu Academy of Tourism and Hospitality (KATH) has been established in March 2002 to fulfill the urgent need of trained human resource to the requirement of the rapidly emerging key sector of national economy tourism. As per its overall goal; the academy fully dedicates to maintaining excellence of knowledge and skills required to efficiently operate and manage both the private and public sectors of tourism. It possesses a pool of well- qualified and committed faculty members.
KATH is the only educational institution in Nepal offering postgraduate (Master of tourism studies) and graduate (Bachelor of travel and tourism studies) level courses in tourism management since 2002. The academy also conducts short duration tailor made training programs for both private and public sectors of tourism. The academy has been established with a guiding maxim of Tourism for prosperity and peace.
The objective of academy
- To impart quality education and training to perform at basic, supervisory and management levels of travel and tourism operation and management through courses at Bachelor, Master and other higher levels
- To build career prospects of new generation at reasonable cost to serve in the rapidly emerging travel and tourism sector both nationally and internationally
- To operate as the resource center for travel and tourism education training and research in the country
- Classrooms – spacious and bright.
- Computer laboratory – Computer with Multimedia and internet are installed to facilitate all the students to undergo their study as per the curriculum
- Library – Well stocked library with course books, references national and international magazines and journals to meet the full requirements of the students and other scholar looking forward to enriching their learning and undergoing higher study in travel and tourism.
- Cafeteria – With facilities for meals and light refreshment to the students and staff at reasonable cost
Extra Curricular Activities
The academy motivates and facilitates its students to excel in extra curricular activities. Sports, publication of in house Magazine, Newsletter, Debates, Cultural program and organizing events etc. to be undertaken by the students.
Regular courses offered by the Academy
- Master of Tourism Studies MTS (Post Graduate level duration two years, four semesters)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Studies BTTS (Graduate level duration four years eight semesters)