Kathmandu Academy ofTourism & Hospitality (KATH) is affiliated to Purbanchal University, Biratnagar, Nepal.
- The Master ofTourism Studies (MTS) is two years full time course designed to produce professional human capital for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal.
- • The MTS program equips student with critical abilities and analytical skills to efficiently manage private and public sectors of tourism.
The MTS program requires the students to study a total of twenty one course with a total weight age of 66 credits carrying 2200 marks to be completed in four semesters (each semester comprising of six months).
MTS course composition:
•Compulsory courses 15 credits (500 marks)
•Core courses 39 credits (1300 marks)
•Specialization area :- 06 credits (200 marks)
•Elective course (Dissertation :- 06 credits (200 marks)
•FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTOURISM
•MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
•RESEARCH METHODOLOGY & STATISTICAL METHODS
• Anthropology and Sociology of Tourism
• Case studies of selected tourism countries
• Entrepreneurship andTourism
• Ethical & Regulatory Aspects in Tourism
• OB and HRM inTourism
• SustainableTourism Development
• Tourism Business Communication
• Tourism Marketing
• Tourism Policies and Planning
• Tourism Project Planning & Management
• Tourism Resources of Nepal
• Tourism; itsTrends and Issues
•Travel Agency Management
• Classroom lectures
• Audiovisual aids
• Power point presentation,
• Case studies with assignments,
• Industrial orientation,
• Field trips,
• Talk programs,
Eligibility for Admission
• Three years Bachelors degree in travel and tourism or hotel management or
• Three years travel and tourism or hotel management diploma graduates from Board or University recognized by Purbanchal University or
• Graduate in any stream(Preferably with professional experience in travel and tourism related field) is the basic entry criteria for program.Applicants are required to appear for the
• Entrance examination as per the criteria prescribed by the university and • Interview conducted by the academy to judge their abilities and aptitude.
Contact reference C/OVinaya Shakya Viber/ Whatsapp: +9779849252911 Kathmandu Academy ofTourism and Hospitality P.O. Box : 3310, Rabi Bhawan, Kathmandu, Nepal 01-4031695, 01-4301204 email@example.com